Pages of history
STAGES OF THE ACADEMY'S FORMATION AND DEVELOPMENT
• Central Tourist courses of the Central Council for Tourism and Excursions (Skhodnya, Moscow region)
• Advanced Training Institute for Employees of Tourist and Excursion Organizations of the Central Council for Tourism and Excursions
• Tourism Institute of the Central Council for Tourism and Excursions
• Opening of the first pre-university education specialized classes
• Russian International Institute for Tourism
• Russian International Academy for Tourism (RIAT)
• The University’s state certification
• The first graduation of Bachelor's program «Tourism Management»
• Opening of a postgraduate course in pedagogy, economics, management of socio-economic systems
• Opening of the Dissertation Council for the defense of Candidate dissertations on Pedagogical Sciences
• Creation of the UNESCO Department "Cultural Tourism for Peace and Development"
• Opening of the Master's program "Management"
• Opening of the Dissertation Council for the defense of Doctoral dissertations on Pedagogical Sciences
• The beginning of the Quarterly scientific readings tradition
• Opening of the International double degree program "Vatel – RIAT" (France - Russia)
• Opening of the Hotel Service College (Moscow branch)
• Opening of the Russian-Italian program "RIAT – Serramazzoni Hotel and Catering School"
• Opening of the Tourism and Management College
• III International Forum "Tourism: Science and Education"
• The Academy is awarded with Honorary diplomas of the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation and the Governor of the Moscow Region
• Completion of the academic buildings’ construction in Skhodnya
• International Conference "Modern Model of Professional Tourism Education and its Legislative Support" in the Federation Council
• Opening of the International Master's double Degree Program with the Milan State University of Bicocca
• Taleb Rifai, the Secretary-General of the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) visits the Academy and made the speech to students
• Recreating the Central Tourism courses of the RIAT
• Delegation of the International Social Tourism Organisation (ISTO) headed by its President Jean-Marc Mignon visits the Academy
• The International Forum "Social and Health Tourism in Russia in the context of Modern European Tourism", which is held in the Committee of the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation on Social Policy
• Receiving a grant in accordance with the decree of the President of the Russian Federation and based on the competition held by the All-Russian Public Organization "League of Nation’s Health"
• International Forum "Social and Health Tourism in Russia in the context of Modern European Tourism" held in the Federation Council
• RIAT becomes a participant of the ERASMUS+ Academic Mobility program
• At the European Tourism Forum in Albufeira (Portugal) the RIAT Rector Evgeny Trofimov signs the Global Code of Ethics for Tourism
• The presentation of the monograph "Accessible, Social and Mass Tourism: Problems and Prospects of Development in Russia" under the scientific editorship of the RIAT Rector Evgeny Trofimov is held at the Federation Council
• Opening of the "Economics" and "Education and Pedagogical Sciences" educational programs in graduate school
• Moscow Regional Conference "Young People and Religion" in RIAT
• The Academy wins the grant for the development of civil society from the President of the Russian Federation
• Delegation led by the President of the International Association supporting Hospitality and Tourism Education and Training (EURODIP), Director of the Lezama Group, (Madrid, Spain) Mr. Luis Lezama visits RIAT
• Opening of the secondary vocational education program "Hotel Business"
• Opening of the Museum of Military Glory
• The Russian International Academy of Tourism has the 50th anniversary!
• Opening of the Bachelor's degree program "Hotel Business"
• The VI International Forum "Tourism: Science and Education" on the National project "Tourism and the Hospitality Industry"
• The beginning of the Science Week tradition
• Obtaining indefinite accreditation
• Opening of the specialty "Customs Affairs" (specialty)
• VII International Forum "Tourism: Science and Education" on the topic "Improvement of the Sanatorium Complex of the Russian Federation by means of tourism and education"